Customer Support Engineer - Automation
Regional Service Engineer
To install and service automated material loading, unloading and transfer devices on Punch Press, Laser, Press Brake and Shearing equipment at Customer facilities.
- Proficient in trouble shooting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
- Able to precisely follow layout drawings and blue prints used in the installation of equipment.
- Maintenance programming of PLC’ s.
- Complete status reports on a daily basis and expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Good customer relations and follow through.
- Managing the total equipment installation process at Customer site.
- Technical support and training to service engineers and customers, onsite and over the phone.
A minimum two years technical school, Military training or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to analyze and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
- Ability to use hand tools, Volt/Ohm meter and Oscilloscope.
- Working knowledge of computers and Windows OS.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
Extensive travel is required on a weekly basis and may require a weekend stay.
Compensation and Benefits:
You are considered on the clock the minute you leave the door until the time you return. This position also includes a Monthly car allowance (Plus Mileage), cell phone, laptop, tools and uniform. There could be some overnight travel. On overnight stays you will receive a per diem and all hotels will be directly expensed so nothing will come out of your pocket. Benefits include medical, dental and vision.