2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
1655 Old Columbia Rd. Dickson, TN 37055
Company: Join a leading organization in American packaged foods. Our client makes and sells products under various brand names that are available in supermarkets, restaurants, and food service establishments. They combine a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit.
Position: Maintenance Technician in Dickson, TN.
Must be able to efficiently and successfully troubleshoot and work on all types of equipment throughout the production, warehouse, refrigeration, and wastewater areas of the facility. Must successfully support facility projects including, but not limited to the installation, set up and removal of machinery/equipment, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment to ensure that the processes of the facility function correctly and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Engaged in Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic Maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
• Ability to successfully diagnose malfunctions in machinery and equipment throughout the manufacturing and warehouse facilities.
• Able to read and interpret blue prints, specifications, electrical prints, and work orders.
• Responds to maintenance issues so that equipment/facility down time is kept at a minimum.
• Helps to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Actively participates in AMD Pillar and supports training and development of others in AMD processes and procedures.
• Complies with all policies and regulations set forth by USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and any other regulatory organizations.
• Consistent and punctual attendance.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work in a cold environment
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
• Minimum of two years’ industrial maintenance experience required, including, but not limited to:
o two years of electrical experience;
o two years of industrial mechanical experience;
o one year of refrigeration (ammonia) experience.
• Certification from an accredited institution in industrial maintenance is preferred.
• A combination of experience and education will be considered.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety procedures, prints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively to all individuals and associates in the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to read multi-meters, blue prints, electrical specifications, and electrical drawings.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables where only limited standardization exists. Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical issues.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to spend several hours on their feet. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Food Safety & Quality
Shall complete an orientation process which provides training in the Key Concepts of Food Safety and Quality. Is responsible for food safety and quality and should adhere to all safety rules and regulations in the facility. Will monitor production work methods to manage overall product to meet USDA and quality objectives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals where PPE will be provided to stay safe.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme hot and cold, and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate, Medical plans, dental, vision, amazing 401(k), etc.