Join a North American industry leader that sells a full line of precision, sheet metal fabricating equipment including CNC turret punch presses, lasers, press brakes, shears, flexible manufacturing systems and software. The company has provided American industry with a steady stream of innovative, productivity enhancing sheet metal machines since its inception. They have accomplished this by carefully listening to the customer, and then engineering and building machine tools that solve their fabrication needs. Markets service include: Aerospace, Air Conditioning, Appliance, Buses, Computers, Electronics, Farm Equipment, Gaming Industry, Medical Equipment, Metal Office Equipment, Restaurant Equipment, and Telecommunications. Established in 1971, the company services the entire United States and has global reach into Mexico, Central America, Venezuela, Columbia, and the Caribbean.
With minimal supervision, provide technical support to Customers, Product Specialists and Sales Engineers at company facilities, Trade Shows and Customer sites as required. Ability to present information to customers in a clear and concise manner. Make preparations for shows (on and off site), operate machinery during the show. Maintain the General Fabrication area and work area in “ ready-to-show” condition.
- Analyze customer' s machine and tooling requirements based on information provided by sales personnel or directly from customers.
- Ability to question, accurately identify a need and present an effective solution.
- Ability to set customer expectations and explain to customer what is being done to resolve an issue.
- Ability to present in front of Customers.
- Generate programs used to operate company machinery.
- Provide data on machine run times using computer and machine generated time studies.
- Organize and order tooling and materials used for customer demonstrations and shows.
- Design and create demonstration parts to show the capabilities of company equipment.
- Summarize and report methods, materials, and tools used in fabrication of demonstration parts.
- Machine installation, troubleshooting, and tear-down.
- Clean-up, maintenance, and organization of materials and tooling.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by Management.
- Mechanical ability and sheet metal experience preferred.
- IBM PC familiarity, with knowledge of CAD/CAM software preferred.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent English language/communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Depending upon product/region, foreign language skills may be required.
- Regular travel required. Depending upon product/region, the ability to travel internationally may be required. Travel requirements are dependent upon department/customer need.
- From: Occasional (3 to 5 times per year).
- To: Frequent (10 to 15 times per year).
Compensation and Benefits: Highly competitive base salary (Plus OT) and bonus incentives. Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(k).