Assembler - Sandwich Side
1655 Old Columbia Rd. Dickson, TN 37055
Join a leading organization in American packaged foods. Our client makes and sells products under various brand names that are available in supermarkets, restaurants, and food service establishments. They combine a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit.
Position: Assembler – Sandwich Side
Summary: Assemble product on production line for packaging by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following
- Assemble a minimum of 32 sandwiches per minute on an assembly line (16 movements per minute).
- Stuff packages into cartons by hand.
- Inspect cartons for damage and correct dates.
- Place cartons into cases.
- Required to rotate through all positions on line and obtain validation in Assembly.
- Stack off cases onto pallets.
- Regular, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Complete Rework.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10' s and 100' s.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers, (constant simple grasping with right and left hands).
- Frequent bending at waist, twisting, squatting.
- Occasional pushing/pulling with right and left hands. Occasional reaching above shoulder. Occasional climbing of stairs/steps.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds (average of 9-15 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Food Safety & Quality:
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Shall complete an orientation process which provides training in the Key Concepts of Food Safety and Quality.
- Shall understand that identification of any failures in these areas is their responsibility. If they identify a deficiency in Food Safety and/or Quality, they are responsible for taking corrective action and reporting the issue to their direct supervisor or Quality supervisor.
- The Quality Manual is available to this employee on the shared Dickson Network drive.
- Monitor production work methods to manage overall product to meet USDA and quality objectives.
- Must wear proper PPE
- Understand Allergens and component Specs
- Follow SSOP’ s and GMP’ s
- Perform 5S Audits and Basic Housekeeping
- Basic Organizational Skills
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to temperature between 40 and 50 degrees.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must wear steel-toed safety shoes
- Floors may be wet/slick from the Sanitation process
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate plus shift differential, Medical plans, dental, vision, amazing 401(k), etc.