815 Whitney Road West Rochester, NY 14450
Join a rapidly growing and industry leader in food, beverage, and spirit production. The company has over 40 years of experience in producing sauces, oils, salsas and dips, and, more recently, has added processing and packaging capabilities enabling a wide range of beverages and spirits products. The state-of-the-art facilities and talented production team are growing increasingly comprehensive in the food, beverage and spirits products they can create for our national brand and retailer brand partners throughout the U.S. The family owned company has built long lasting partnerships with many of the major retailers across the country!
The Automation Technician is responsible to assist in the installation, calibration, trouble shooting and repair of automated packaging, palletizing, depalletizing and product conveyance equipment and systems. The Automation Technician will occasionally do their own design and layout work. The individual will possess a strong knowledge of the current National Electrical Code to properly assist in the installation robotic packaging system. The individual will training personnel on requirements to use the automated equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in installation and calibration of automated equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair technical machinery including industrial robots, palletizing and materials handling solutions.
- Troubleshoot microprocessor controlled industrial equipment
- Support improvement activities/Kaizen events with PLC programming modifications if necessary
- Aid engineering group in design of new equipment control logic
- Perform new equipment control logic programming
- Create instrumentation diagrams for the plant and document ladder logic programs
- Occasionally do equipment design and layout work
- Support all manufacturing operations. I.E. loading packaging equipment with raw material, corrugate, plastic shrink wrap. Removing shirk film from pallets
- Remove line jams and determining root cause for the line jams
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required and/or 2-5 years of automation controls experience
- Associates degree in Industrial Technology or equivalent is preferred.
- PLC and Robotic Programming skills required; Allen Bradley PLCs and Fanuc robot experience highly preferred
- Experience working with Allen Bradley RS View and RS Logix and performing programming changes to each.
- Understand electricity and instrumentation as well as industrial electrical experience.
- Demonstrable autonomous work habits
- Strong analytical skills
- An understanding of, the mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic aspects of process machines
- An ability to work under pressure and display excellent customer service
- Be a proactive self-starter who builds strong client relationships and understands the needs of your customer
- Work overtime, odd and unscheduled hours as required to support department maintenance troubleshooting related to instrumentation and PLC controlled equipment, robotic, packaging and palletizing equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive Hourly rate plus OT available! Company offers an excellent benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(K) with matching! The opportunity offers tremendous growth for your career!