Batch & Furnace Supervisor
2121 Huron Street Jacksonville, FL 32254
Supervises and coordinates an assigned production shift to include the handling, maintaining proper and consistent quality per corporate specifications to assure delivery of a quality product to the Forming department.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate raw materials inventory with minimum demurrage.
- Control labor and overtime costs within budget.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Check and schedule Maintenance to repair as needed in raw materials unloading, mixing & melting operations.
- Develop, train and manage department employees.
- Computer input – ability to check status, temperature, set joints and printouts.
- Supervise and schedule all patch hotwork and rebuilds.
- Ability to adjust fuel-air ratio computer and check oxygen analysis.
- Monitor quality by checking weights, color and seed.
- BS/BA degree with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/furnace environment.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
BS in Ceramic Engineering