Counter Sales Associate
Our client offers a wide range of HVAC/R product lines, competitive pricing, superior customer service and valuable, timesaving services that position them as an industry leader. With over 200+ locations in 22+ states they offer their customers a complete range of products for the HVAC/R and Food Industries. They operate primarily in the business to business environment where their products are sold through licensed dealers and contractors in their respective markets.
The Counter Sales Associate is responsible for the sales counter at a wholesale HVAC distributor that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to provide strong customer service in a sales-oriented setting.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Represent the Company as a leader in the industry ensuring maximum sales.
- Interact with internal and outside sales people, vendors and contractors.
- Responsible for showroom merchandising and re-stocking product.
- Assist in resolving customer relations problems with both dealers and end users.
- Complete sales order process for customers with efforts to up-sell associated items.
- Service walk-in and telephone customers and assist with sourcing and shipping parts, inventory control and warranty administration.
- Provide customer product and service needs by researching products via computer system, catalog, telephone or other reference sources.
- Arrange stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order.
- Apply suggestive selling techniques and up sells to current and prospective customers.
- Conduct outgoing customer sales or service calls and resolve customer complaints.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong background in technical support, HVAC parts, and customer service/sales.
- Intermediate MS Office capabilities.
- Customer Service skills
- Data Entry, Estimating, Purchase Orders, Sales, Shipping/Receiving
- Minimum 1+ year experience in a Counter Sales role, preferably in the HVAC industry.
- Knowledge of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
- Strong interpersonal skills including sales, problem solving, and customer service focus absolutely required.
- Ability to work independently but meet assigned goals and objectives in designated time frames.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with skills to multi-task on different levels.
- Excellent customer service mindset with the ability to develop long term relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid driver license and/or CDL license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, 401K, HSA, EAP and attractive vacation policy. Advancement opportunities and much more!