Customer Service Engineer
North Denver, CO
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our Client is the world' s leading supplier of computer support systems, precision air conditioning and power protection systems. The company has more than eleven manufacturing facilities along with a worldwide network of sales offices, distributors and service centers covering more than 100 countries. They are a Fortune 100 company with over 140, 000 employees and annual sales of over $24 billion.
A Customer Field Engineer is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on UPS equipment serviced by the company. The CE is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate. A company vehicle, laptop, blackberry, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing. We provide an elaborate training program for new hires which requires travel to Columbus, Ohio as needed.
- Associates degree in Electronics or military electronics training preferred
- 4+ years of hands on electronic experience
- Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Working knowledge of OHM' s law and electronic theory
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
- Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must have the ability and self motivation to manage one' s own schedule
- Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers
- Perform general and preventive maintenance on UPS systems
- Respond to emergency calls at customers request
- Strive to provide all customers a ' first time fix' for their equipment
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid drivers license is required.