Customer Support Engineer - Robotics
Los Angeles, CA 90035
This company sells a full line of precision, sheet metal fabricating equipment including CNC turret punch presses, lasers, press brakes, shears, flexible manufacturing systems and software. It has provided American industry with a steady stream of innovative, productivity enhancing sheet metal machines since its inceptions. They have accomplished this by carefully listening to the customer, and then engineering and building machine tools that solve their fabrication needs. Markets served include: Aerospace, Air Conditioning, Appliance, Buses, Computers, Electronics, Farm Equipment, Gaming Industry, Medical Equipment, Metal Office Equipment, Restaurant Equipment and Telecommunications. Established in 1971, this company’ s territory consists of 11 regions, servicing all 50 states, in addition to Mexico, Central America, Venezuela, Columbia and the Caribbean.
Customer Support Engineer(Robotics Installation Specialist)
This position involves performing quality installations of bending automation and robotics, ensuring that all details and aspects of installations are addressed, in order to secure customer satisfaction. Performs field service as well as phone support to customers. Provides training and technical support to local regional engineers. As integration of blanking machines to bending automation develops, this Customer Support Engineer will also be required to take continuing education.
• ALL aspects of the installation of bending automation and robotics. Includes mechanical, electrical, network, training and software.
• Ensure that the installation progresses in a timely manner.
• Keep abreast of delivery schedule of the products and arrange personal travel accordingly.
• Order any parts/accessories that may be missing, damaged, or required to complete the installation.
• Ensure all machine functions are operating correctly.
• Train the customer on operations and maintenance, and applications.
• Train field service engineers to install bending automation products.
• Provide support to the field service engineers and regional service managers
On machine installation updates. On installation issues. By monitoring machine installations performed by engineers in training. On new machine model issues, for which information is scarce, or the field service engineer has not received training yet.
• Source customer-needed parts that are not in stock in the Company Parts Department.
• Ensure that all pertinent paperwork (service reports, installation reports, expense reports, etc.) are completed.
• Document engineering and manufacturing changes that could help expedite installations.
Regional Service Manager, Robotics Product Department
This position requires the following technical knowledge:
• Mechanical systems • Electrical systems • Electronics • Pneumatics • Hydraulics
• Electro-mechanical systems • PLC ladder sequence
• Applications software related to bending and automation• Network communication
• Commonly used PC application software (Excel, Word, etc.)
This position requires the following non-technical knowledge:
• Standard methodology of servicing a customer, as it relates to Amada and to the sheet-metal industry.
• Flow of “ chain of command”.
• Parts ordering process, including “ Urgent Part Request” processes, and “ Parts Removal Request” processes. Paperwork process.
• Machine trouble-shooting, from fine detail, to being able to look at the “ big picture”.
• Document creation. Excellent written and verbal communication. Detail-oriented and thorough. Effective scheduling of self in coordination with local engineers.
Travel will be on an “ as-needed” basis, but will be extensive due to the nature of the bending automation product. Weekend stays at the customer as needed only. Overnight stays can decrease after initial 13 month training period with engineer assimilating towards Regional support and increasing local engineer training on proper installation techniques. Occasional travel outside US.
LIFTING: Average Weight: 60 lb. Frequency: Daily
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary (Plus OT). You are considered on the clock the minute you leave the door until the time you return. This position also includes a Monthly car allowance (Plus Mileage), cell phone, laptop, tools and uniform. There could be some overnight travel. On overnight stays you will receive a per diem and all hotels will be directly expensed so nothing will come out of your pocket. Comprehensive corporate benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k).