Customer Support Engineer/ Automation
This company sells a full line of precision, sheet metal fabricating equipment including CNC turret punch presses, lasers, press brakes, shears, flexible manufacturing systems and software. It has provided American industry with a steady stream of innovative, productivity enhancing sheet metal machines since its inceptions. They have accomplished this by carefully listening to the customer, and then engineering and building machine tools that solve their fabrication needs. Markets served include: Aerospace, Air Conditioning, Appliance, Buses, Computers, Electronics, Farm Equipment, Gaming Industry, Medical Equipment, Metal Office Equipment, Restaurant Equipment and Telecommunications. Established in 1971, this company’ s territory consists of 11 regions, servicing all 50 states, in addition to Mexico, Central America, Venezuela, Columbia and the Caribbean.
Position Title: Customer Support Engineer - Automation
To install and service automated material loading, unloading and transfer devices on Punch Press, Laser, Press Brake and Shearing equipment at customer facilities.
· Proficient in troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
· Able to precisely follow layout drawings and blue prints used in the installation of equipment.
· Maintenance programming of PLC’ s.
· Complete status reports on a daily basis and expense reports on a weekly basis.
· Good customer relations and follow through.
· Managing the total equipment installation process at Customer site.
· Technical support and training to service engineers and customers, onsite and over the phone.
· Use of Company applications software used in line control and part programming.
· Applications and part programming is not required but considered a plus
Reports to Area Service Manager
A minimum two years technical school, Military training or equivalent work experience is required.
· Ability to analyze and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
· Ability to use hand tools, Volt/Ohm meter and Oscilloscope.
· Working knowledge of computers and Windows OS.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
Extensive travel is required on a weekly basis and may require a weekend stay.
· Ability to work harmoniously with others
· Ability to accept and follow instruction
· Ability to maintain positive attitude
· Ability to work alone and without direct supervision.
LIFTING: Average Weight: 50 lb. Frequency: Daily
Compensation and Benefits:
You are considered on the clock the minute you leave the door until the time you return. This position also includes a cell phone, laptop, tools and uniform. There could be some overnight travel. On overnight stays you will receive a per Diem and all hotels will be directly expensed so nothing will come out of your pocket. Car allowance will be included.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and 401(k).