Customer Support Engineer/ Automation
Position Title: Customer Support Engineer - Automation
To install and service automated material loading, unloading and transfer devices on Punch Press, Laser, Press Brake and Shearing equipment at customer facilities.
· Proficient in troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
· Able to precisely follow layout drawings and blue prints used in the installation of equipment.
· Maintenance programming of PLC’ s.
· Complete status reports on a daily basis and expense reports on a weekly basis.
· Good customer relations and follow through.
· Managing the total equipment installation process at Customer site.
· Technical support and training to service engineers and customers, onsite and over the phone.
· Use of Company applications software used in line control and part programming.
· Applications and part programming is not required but considered a plus
Reports to Area Service Manager
A minimum two years technical school, Military training or equivalent work experience is required.
· Ability to analyze and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
· Ability to use hand tools, Volt/Ohm meter and Oscilloscope.
· Working knowledge of computers and Windows OS.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
Extensive travel is required on a weekly basis and may require a weekend stay.
· Ability to work harmoniously with others
· Ability to accept and follow instruction
· Ability to maintain positive attitude
· Ability to work alone and without direct supervision.
LIFTING: Average Weight: 50 lb. Frequency: Daily
Compensation and Benefits:
You are considered on the clock the minute you leave the door until the time you return. This position also includes a cell phone, laptop, tools and uniform. There could be some overnight travel. On overnight stays you will receive a per Diem and all hotels will be directly expensed so nothing will come out of your pocket. Car allowance will be included.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability, 401K