Customer Support Engineer
Position Title: Customer Support Engineer
To install and service automated material loading, unloading and transfer devices on Punch Press, Laser, Press Brake and Shearing equipment at customer facilities.
- Proficient in troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
- Able to precisely follow layout drawings and blue prints used in the installation of equipment.
- Maintenance programming of PLC’ s.
- Complete status reports on a daily basis and expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Good customer relations and follow through.
- Managing the total equipment installation process at Customer site.
- Technical support and training to service engineers and customers, onsite and over the phone.
A minimum two years technical school, Military training or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to analyze and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
- Ability to use hand tools, Volt/Ohm meter and Oscilloscope.
- Working knowledge of computers and Windows OS.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
Extensive travel is required on a weekly basis and may require a weekend stay.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive hourly pay (Plus overtime each day after 8 hours), $150/mo vehicle allowance plus .32/mile. You are considered on the clock the minute you leave the door until the time you return. The company provides a cell phone, laptop, tools and uniform. There could be some overnight travel. On overnight stays you will receive a per diem and all hotels will be directly expensed so nothing will come out of your pocket. Total 1st year compensation $60' s & up.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and 401(k).