Director Warehouse Operations
401 E. Jackson Street Suite 1100 Tampa, FL 33602
Directs all policy and procedure and operational aspects for distribution. Ensures timely and efficient delivery of inventory and finished goods. Utilizes systems to monitor and track inventory through distribution and resolve issues. Manages multiple functions within an organization’ s warehouse, shipping and inventory control processes, including: delivery of finished goods, interplant transfer, inventory storage/management, return of packaging materials and external warehouses. Responsible for all aspects of the warehouse distribution centers internal and external.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and establish KPI’ s and targets for warehouse operations to align with organizational goals
- Improve operational effectiveness and service levels by driving process improvements and reducing waste
- Establish best practice sharing culture and processes between all locations. Leverage best practices from BA Glass facilities
- Relentless focus on best in class service levels and lowest cost
- Focus on reducing warehousing cost with improved warehouse operations, utilizing best available freight rates and reducing external warehouse
- Implement technologies such as warehouse management systems to improve process and reduce errors
- Coordinate root cause analysis and corrective actions to resolve customer delivery problems
- Insure the accuracy and integrity or inventory/record keeping systems. Establish inventory control processes and audits in warehouse
- Direct and coordinate the proper utilization/planning, repair and preventative maintenance of all mobile equipment
- Strong alignment and team work with all other functions
- Lead and support other projects such as establishing S&OP process and supply chain analytics
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred or equivalent work experience and training.
- Related certifications, APICS and/or CSCMP preferred.
- Minimum 7 years supervisor experience in warehousing/shipping operation
- Must have leadership, communication and organizations skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products Excel, Word and PowerPoint.