8401 N FM 1053 Crane, TX 79731
Join a leading producer of industrial minerals, including sand proppants, whole grain silica, ground silica, fine ground silica, calcined kaolin clay and aplite clay. We have a 100+ year track record as an innovator and a rapidly growing market share as a supplier to domestic oil and natural gas operations that support the nation’ s economic strength and energy independence.
In addition to offering over 200 products in these categories, we also operate as a research and development specialist for customized products and solutions utilizing the same raw materials. The wide variety of industries and applications that we serve which include oil and gas, glass, chemicals, foundry, building products, fillers and extenders, recreation, industrial filtration and treatment, and testing and analysis.
EHS Manager – Crane, Texas
- Work with the Plant Manager, operations and maintenance teams, including all plant employees, to maintain EHS regulatory compliance, safe work environments and procedures and the highest levels of environmental protection practices.
- Develop a culture where EHS is integrated at all levels.
- Expedite obtaining of needed environmental permits to facilitate site expansion and maintain existing permits.
- Manage MSHA compliance programs.
- Lead the investigation of EHS incidents including root cause analysis and corrective action determination.
- Ensure audit and incident investigation recommendations are completed on time.
- Provide necessary training, either classroom or web based, for successful environment and health/safety performance.
- Work with Operations and Maintenance leadership in the enforcement of regulatory requirements and company and site procedures.
- Participate during MSHA enforcement inspections. Conduct regularly scheduled inspections and audits.
Develop and Lead Management Systems
Develop and lead implementation of EHS protection and compliance systems relative to site inspections and completion of corrective actions, incident investigation and follow-up, employee training, EHS record keeping, management of change, project support and contractor management. This would include use of the Gensuite EHS management system, MSHA and EPA required record management, implementation of the Serious Six safety condition and behavior observation process, silica and noise monitoring and record keeping and implementation of the USS environmental management system.
Complete tasks needed to meet the requirements/conditions of environmental permits and programs and support site expansion. Support waste management including inspecting and preparing shipments for transportation. Ensure compliance of the NPDES, Clean Air Act, Title V, Storm Water, and other environmental permits by completing assigned tasks such as sampling, reporting and inspecting. Contribute to pollution reduction and recycling efforts.
Safety and Health
Conduct and lead team inspections, optimize workplace exam processes and silica/ noise/chemical/radiation monitoring processes and review medical surveillance information to systematically detect and control potential safety and health hazards. Integrate MSHA compliance needs into site operations and maintain required compliance records. Help lead the site EHS Committee with input from site leadership and employee bargaining units. Report and investigate injuries and incidents in accordance with Company, MSHA and worker compensation requirements. Coordinate activities with company EHS staff, regulatory and insurance inspectors and with local emergency response authorities. Provide proactive and timely support to new site projects and to on-site emergency incidents. Coordinate timely implementation of MSHA, EPA and company required training. Serve as an effective team member with other site departments and assist the Site Manager with the enforcement of all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor' s Degree - Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent degree
- A minimum 7 years of experience at a site and/or Company level EHS management role in manufacturing environment and/or surface mine; Regional level responsibility highly preferred
- Experience in both safety and environmental fields.
- EHS experience within a manufacturing environment or/and in surface mining industries.
- Must have the ability to establish relationships at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills are a must with knowledge of MS Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet strict project deadlines within established parameters.
- Work extended hours, weekends or nights as needed, especially when problems occur or the business demands that deadlines must be met.
- Some travel may be required for meetings, cross facility audits, or professional development opportunities.
Licensing or other Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid driver’ s license and a good driving record.
- Knowledge of MSHA and or OSHA regulations is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary with a possibility of 15% in Bonuses. Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(k).