Join a team who' s ecosystem of data centers, colocation and interconnection strategies power customer growth through exceptional service and unrivaled data center expertise. Their global strength is matched by local expertise with on the ground experts in each market.
This position offers you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience in critical infrastructure facilities operations with the largest wholesale data center provider in the world. On a daily basis you will be involved with operations, project management, construction management and more, enjoying the opportunity to gain additional skills and further enhance your resume.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Journeyman level experience in mission critical facilities operating / engineering, including experience with mission critical infrastructure (UPS, HVAC, generators, fire/life safety systems).
- Expert, hands-on electrical or mechanical skill and competence in the area of non-expertise (for example, electrical expertise with mechanical competence, or vice-versa).
- The ability to:
- Comprehend, analyze and interpret complex project documents, including AutoCAD, Visio and PDF documents.
- Manage projects effectively.
- Develop installation standards and project tracking/management documents.
- Respond effectively, verbally and in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Interact effectively with managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both co-workers and clients.
Preferred but not required:
- Electrical, HVAC and / or mechanical licenses.
- Experience writing technical methods of procedure.
- Change management experience.
- Experience with incident reporting.
Shift flexibility will be required. Training may last three to six months.
You will join the Facilities Engineering team at this site. This role involves making rounds and responding to issues that arise, but also contributing to all aspects of the oversight and monitoring of building operations including adjustments to the HVAC, electrical, BMS, emergency generators and fire/life safety systems. You' ll maintain chilled water, air conditioning, ventilating and other mechanical and electrical equipment. Pivotal to your success will be your ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems independently.
Your specific activities will include:
- Monitoring and maintaining all building systems and mission critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment including mechanical, electrical, emergency generators, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment.
- Conducting routine, ongoing assessment of the building systems operations.
- Performing tests and rounds, and analyzing data to assure the proper functioning of equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance on all building equipment.
- Working on building management programs for a mission critical facilities environment.
- Ensuring efficient operation of all building systems.
- Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Coordinating maintenance efforts, as needed, with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers.
- Maintaining lighting in all areas of the building.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management and vendors.
- Assisting in updating and / or maintaining as-built drawings.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assisting with maintaining inventory control programs / purchasing parts and supplies.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and directives as relates to building operations.