3224 Northside Drive Raleigh, NC 27615
Our client is a leader in the overhead crane industry, operating for 38 years and has built its reputation on serving the steel, paper, textile and injection mold industries, among others. Our specialty is designing, manufacturing and installing overhead bridge cranes and runway systems. Our primary goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations by providing them with the highest quality equipment and service, utilizing our experienced people and resources.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced manufacturing Estimator to work in our Raleigh, NC location. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Sales Manager.
The candidate we are interested in would be experienced in and responsible for aspects of the following:
- Review customer drawings & specifications; prepare basic 2 D drawings; From technical side, understand the different operations needed and scope.
- Write Statements of Compliance
- Get bidders lists, quotes from vendors (hoists, electrics, end trucks, freight, rail, test weights, rental equipment, etc.
- Use solvers
- Complete estimates, prepare proposals, prepare preliminary drawings (crane plates); Quote lead times based on job phases and operations (ETO approval process).
- Maintain “ to be quoted” log with bid dates
- Develop tools to add efficiency
- Maintain job log; write up new jobs
- Work with Controller to review contracts & PO’ s; Understand cash flow and setting terms on quote for deposit, $ due at approval, shipment, retainage, etc. For other types of jobs with rigid payment terms, finance costs added.
- Prepare complete files for submission to engineering, working with sales personnel, project managers to collect all information needed on a timely basis.
- Cull file of unnecessary paperwork, reducing inefficiencies
- Understand installation processes and timing.
- Understand job phases and operation. Having operations and hours in format to load into CSI/scheduling/PM program.
- Will be challenged with figuring out what hoists fit different specifications and options available. What hoists work best for applications.
- Read RFQ and understand contractual issues and how they affect costs. Bonds, insurance limits, bid bonds, Davis bacon Act/prevailing wage requirements.
- For different types of jobs, understand delivery times plus how adding number of units (adding hours adds to overall time to shop/wiring throughput).
- Understand project timing for completion with vendor price increases; Components like hoists, end trucks, steel, etc.
- Built up hoists: be able to breakdown all components, how they are sized and then apply the varying types of construction (application specific plus requirements in specifications).
- What to buy and what to build. When building, how constructed and how built.
- Project sequence by job type and hoist type and selecting components
- Be aware of what parts and components that we have in warehouse and what maybe left over from previous jobs.
- Understand the applications and realize that the cheapest not always right and due to competitive pressures it is costly to misapply the wrong components just to get a job.
Education Required: Associate of Science or Associate of Engineering – civil, mechanical or structural, or relevant experience.
Experience Required: 2-3 years relevant experience
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive Salary (non exempt) commensurate with education and experience. Bonus plan in place. Complete suite of corporate benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO/10 Holidays, pet insurance