Field Service Engineer - Automation
Chicago, IL 60601
Join the largest manufacturer of fabricating equipment and industrial lasers in North America. Our client offers innovative, high-quality products and solutions in the areas of sheet metal processing, laser-based production processes and electronic applications.
POSITION: Field Service Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties include:
Traveling, installing, demonstrating, troubleshooting, and repairing Lasers & Systems and Teaching Laser Technology to customers & associates.
Troubleshoot and repair machines with problems functioning.
Train customers in the use and repair of these machines.
Travel up to 100% regionally throughout the week.
- Install and demonstrate CNC laser and punch machines for customers (primarily at customer
- Must be able to lift 70lbs.
- Computer proficiency and very strong electronics & controls knowledge with extensive troubleshooting skills.
- Good mechanical proficiency with hand tools including precision tools.
- Very good written & verbal communication.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Required two year technical degree in Electronics or Laser Electro Optics or equivalent combination of work experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Very competitive hourly pay, OT, meal per diem, training includes continuing education credits, uniform allowance, cell phone, lap top, complete corporate benefits to include major medical, dental, 401 (K) and all travel bonus miles are yours to keep. Relocation assistance is provided by the company. Tremendous growth opportunity.