Field Service Engineer - Specialized Machine Group
Join the largest manufacturer of fabricating equipment and industrial lasers in North America. Our client offers innovative, high-quality products and solutions in the areas of sheet metal processing, laser-based production processes and electronic applications.
Field Service Engineer -- Specialized Machine Group Trulaser Tech
This position is responsible for installing, demonstrating and troubleshooting our clients TruLaser systems with minimum assistance. Also, to train customers how to properly use and repair the machines.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Install, and repair TruLaser systems primarily at customer locations.
- Resolve high level technical machine and operational problems for customers
- Utilize remote diagnostics to assist customers
- Understand technical documentation, schematics and blueprints, as to utilize them in field support
- Accurately identify system problems from the information from the field, consolidate this information and report these problems to the appropriate people and departments to include Germany
- Perform required work with minimal supervision.
- Extensive travel up to customers’ facilities under the direction of the Service Manager up to 100%, including overnight travel, international travel and throughout North America is required. Must be available to travel internationally.
- Report discrepancies, unresolved or recurrent problems to the Service Manager
- Provide technical expertise for problems involving the TruLaser products and identify spare parts needed for the field
- Provide regular feedback to R&D, Engineering and Production departments
- Communicate with customers and other personnel in accordance with company standards (professionalism), customer contact requirements and related specifications. Customer standards must be held on the highest level, no exceptions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs without aid.
- Train customers in use and repair machines in a complete and organized manner.
- Submit weekly reports in a complete and organized manner.
- Assist other Field Service Engineers as directed.
- Work within the company code of conduct and other service policies.
Should have a minimum of 8 years of Field Service experience on metal working or fabricating machinery. Experience should be with 2d and 3d machines. Experience should be in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, electronic, applications and control issues.
Two year Engineering degree or equivalent is recommended. Strong mechanical, electrical, electronic, and control back round. Experience with Siemens controls a plus. Candidate should also be able to program in 2d as well as 3d.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Very competitive hourly pay, OT, uniform allowance and benefits to include major medical, dental, 401 (K). Relocation assistance is provided by the company. Tremendous growth opportunity with a global leading company.