Field Service Engineer
Join the largest manufacturer of fabricating equipment and industrial lasers in North America. Our client offers innovative, high-quality products and solutions in the areas of sheet metal processing, laser-based production processes and electronic applications.
POSITION: Field Service Engineer
This position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting and repairing CNC machines.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Clearly and professionally interact with customers
- Work closely with customers and machines to ensure equipment operates within expected tolerances
- Pursue machine diagnosis of our internal Product Support Group (PSG) to repair company equipment
- Work carefully with the PSG for technical assistance and provide them with diagnostic feedback
- At times, use visual clues, computer programs, diagnostic tools to further diagnose machine difficulties
- Use electrical and electronic knowledge to help troubleshoot and solve issues
- Read and utilize company repair manuals and work orders for assistance with repairs and diagnostics
- Clean, replace or install parts to maintain smooth operation of machinery and equipment
- Assemble, install, align equipment as needed
- Accurately report technical conditions and information of machines to PSG and management
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as applications, sales, engineering, production, etc.
- When needed, provide onsite training to customers for operation and/or repair of machines
- Assist other Field Service Engineers as needed
- Receive factory product training and technical service knowledge as needed
- Submit organized and helpful service reports for each repair mission
- Help to develop or adjust existing technical documentation
- Work as required with minimal supervision in compliance with all safety requirements
- Travel up to 100%.Travel includes regional and national travel
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds without aid
Associates program or technical school degree in Engineering principles or a suitable combination of education and work experience. Experience in computer software, file management, electronics, digital circuits, wiring, mechanics and hydraulics is helpful. Well-mannered, able to work with all different types of customers. Must have and maintain a clean and valid drivers license and record. Experience with installation and repair of tooling machines.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive hourly an hour, OT, complete corporate benefits to include major medical, dental and 401 (K). Tremendous growth opportunity!