Field Service Representative/ Laser
For over 100 years, they have engineered some of the longest-lasting metal fabrication equipment for the world’ s largest and most storied manufacturers. Today, their products include Laser Cutting Machines, Press Brakes, Shears and Powdered Metal presses, and are used in some of the largest and most technologically advanced facilities throughout the world.
The North American plant does something outside of the ordinary… they employ hundreds of people in the production of machine tools right here in the U.S.A.!
Are you a dedicated, motivated and technically strong Field Representative or has a repair background. If you have some electronic and electrical troubleshooting skills and possess a good working aptitude for mechanical, electrical and CNC repair. If so, here is a great career opportunity!
This company is a leading national machine tool manufacturer with worldwide recognition. They are actively seeking a Laser Field Service Representative to service our laser cutting machines. Hands-on experience with electrical, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics very helpful.
The field positions are home based, but definitely require an individual who is accustomed to some travel. We do give our Field Reps weekends off unless there is an urgent matter.
They offer a comprehensive training program to all our field service employees and a competitive benefits package that includes:
- A competitive hourly wage, plus the opportunity for overtime
- Paid vacation, personal days and 10 company paid holidays
- Field employees are provided a company vehicle and expense card
- An incentive program based on key performance indicators that drive our business
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance, company paid
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, company paid
- Disability Insurance, company paid
- 401(k) match
- Tuition reimbursement program
The culture is team-oriented and collaborative. The extensive training program lasts a total of 6 months. The first 2 to 3 months you will be held at their corporate office in a classroom and field setting. You will have the opportunity to meet with other new employees and the training staff to develop professional relationships. The training staff is the best in the business, so when you are out in the field and need assistance, help is only a phone call away. In addition, you will be coming into the corporate office for periodic meetings, so you will always feel a part of the team.
As our Field Representative, experience with CO2 and fiber lasers, CNC fabricating equipment; Fanuc Control/PLC logic is desired. This position involves field service work on our customers' CNC and Laser Cutting Machines.
Additional responsibilities for the Service Technician include:
- Preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting and repair
Additional helpful experience for the Service Technician include:
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Windows Networking Systems
- Industrial experience with CNC equipment/CO2 and fiber lasers preferred
- Ability to travel (weekends at home)
- Excellent professional customer service and communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Previous Field Service background, preferred
- Clean driving record, valid driver’ s license, ability to pass a background check and drug screen