Field Service Technician - Press Brake
As part of the global Corporation, our client draws from an extensive global source of support and innovation. The Corporation employs more than 60, 000 people around the world, across a wide spectrum of industries including machine tools and controls, automotive, aerospace, industrial machinery, elevator, energy, metals, chemical, food and textile. This diversity, strength and stability trickles down to customers— who benefit from massive global R&D efforts and widespread knowledge base.
Our client is searching for a Field Service Technician for Press Brake machines.
This position requires heavy travel throughout the region, very good communication skills and the mechanical and electrical knowledge necessary to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on industrial machine tool products for our customers. These services are provided on-site at our customer’ s facilities and via telephone if situation permits.
As a Press Brake Field Service Technician you will travel extensively within a geographical territory and travel throughout North America occasionally. This position requires very good communication skills and the mechanical and electrical knowledge necessary to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on industrial machine tool products for our customers. These services are provided on-site at our customer’ s facilities and via telephone if situation permits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform equipment installation as well as verify proper operation of machines to the manufacture specifications by performing any needed test.
- Provide adequate training to customers (and in some events other MC Machinery employees) with the overall intention of instructing and/or recommending methods that will improve and/or enhance the performance of the machinery and optimize its usage for their particular needs.
- Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to operate computer using windows operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have current valid driver’ s license.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact with customers in a way so as to maintain customer confidence in MC Machinery and MC Machinery product.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers and customers.
- Skilled in Electrical measurement and inspection techniques. (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems (Ball screws, bearings, gearing and various systems).
- Skilled in mechanical measurement and inspection techniques (Indicators, micrometers, gage blocks and optical comparator. Laser Interferometer and ball bar a plus)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
2 year Electronic or Mechanical Degree preferred.
2~5 years’ experience as field service in the machine tool industry a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
Compensation and benefits:
Our client offers an extremely competitive salary along with mileage reimbursement, a 401K, Health, Dental and Vision.