Field Service Technician-Industrial
Our client is currently seeking a Service Technician for our Industrial Weigh Price Labeling product line in Boston, MA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform equipment installations and/or service at various customer locations locally and nationwide if necessary.
- Perform scheduled work on PM Programs and Service Contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining a personal parts stock.
- Technical Support for customers and distributors including on-call support (rotational basis).
- Perform remote service and e-service.
- Perform demonstrations of equipment capabilities, function and maintenance to operators and maintenance crews.
- Handle technical correspondence with key customers.
- Communicate technical issues and problems to Head Office and work together on solutions.
- Prepare, communicate and publish technical documentations for regular installations and projects.
- Comply with company objectives as regards to budget goals, profits and in fulfilling reporting requirements
- Responsible for proper upkeep and maintenance of provided company service vehicle(s).
- Responsible for the proper upkeep of company issued equipment (phone, laptop, tools etc.).
- 70-80% travel required.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate, working mainly in an Industrial environment, would have a minimum of two years’ experience with mechanical equipment, and broad knowledge of Serial and Ethernet communications, along with strong computer skills.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Excellent mechanical skills
· Ability to read DC electrical schematics & apply OHM' s law
· Basic knowledge of Hydraulics and/or Pneumatic systems
· Ability to work independently
· Travel of 70-80% dependably required
· Overtime & occasional on-call shifts required
· Previous industrial equipment repair experience helpful (but not required)
Compensation and Benefits
- Extremely competitive salary
- 401K with company match of 50%
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long term Disability and an attractive vacation policy
- Company vehicle, tools and measuring equipment, work clothes, pocket PC, and laptop