Field Service Technician
Performs calibration and preventative maintenance on Industrial weighing equipment without assistance. Serves as the second man on installation, projects, and/or repairs as necessary.
Our client is a multinational manufacturer of scales and analytical instruments. It is the largest provider of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial, and food retailing applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Worked in field service or have related experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Calibration, preventive maintenance, and repair skills
- The ability to identify the root causes of service issues the first time using your keen knowledge of the products and your comfort with hand tools and calibration equipment
- Excellent customer service skills, detail orientation, and great verbal and written communication skills
- The discipline to update service records on time and ensure data integrity
- The desire and ability to promote and sell services and products, generating sales leads
- An Associate' s degree within a scientific or technical area of study or equivalent professional experience or a combination of both
- A valid driver' s license and a safe driving history
- CDL B license preferred or willing to obtain upon hire
- Overnight travel as required up to 10%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency, behavior and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of 1 year of technical training beyond High School or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and be capable of learning proprietary software. Ability to review and update information using company programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and talk or listen. The employee is frequently required to; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to hazards in the work site including chemicals and solvents. In addition, they may be exposed to moving parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure to dust, dirt, and fumes varies from worksite to worksite. Special protective equipment and clothing may be required. Must have a valid driver’ s license.
Competitive hourly pay plus overtime and bonuses. Medical, Dental, Life Insurance & 401K with company match-all starting on date of hire. Company vehicle, tools, cell phone, laptop, uniforms and expense card included.