Field Service Technician
Join the leading provider of weighing and slicing technologies for industry and trade and is a worldwide leading specialist in industrial weighing and labeling technologies. Our client currently employs around 4, 100 people across the globe and are present in more than 120 countries around the world. This is truly one of the best Veteran friendly employers with a focus on extensive training and company growth for their employees. This is an opportunity to join a team who is a leader in their industry and be a part of their growing Service team.
Position: Field Service Technician
Extensive knowledge and experience in:
- Price Labeling equipment
- Check Weighing
- Metal Detectors
- X-ray equipment
- Vision Systems
- Industrial Platform Scales
- Industrial Equipment Communication including
- Networks, .brain applications, e-Service, Host interfaces, Backup and Download programs
- Interface between equipment (static I/O, tendency controls etc.)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform equipment installations and/or service at various customers locations locally and nationwide if necessary
- Perform scheduled work on PM Programs and Service Contracts
- Responsible for maintaining a personal parts stock
- Annual inventory counts. Must be within -5% discrepancy. If more will result in disciplinary action.
- Technical Support for Customers and Distributors including on-call support (rotational basis) (to include on-call checking shared email folders and answering service calls)
- Perform Remote Service and E-service
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Perform demonstrations of equipment capabilities, function and maintenance to Operators and
- Handle technical correspondence with key customers
- Communicate technical issues and problems to Head Industrial office and work together on solutions
- Prepare, communicate, and publish technical documentations for regular installations and projects
- Comply with company objectives as regards to budget goals and profits, and in fulfilling reporting requirements
- Accurate and consistent logging in ADP and SIS
- Closing out work order tickets on time with descriptive details
- Detailed daily reporting of services provided at customers
- Detailed notes when interrupting a ticket/work order (i.e. part numbers, date parts ordered, etc.)
- Produce expense reports in a timely manner and without error.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Responsible for proper upkeep and maintenance of provided company service vehicle(s)
- Responsible for keeping the spare parts in new/sellable condition and safe packaging
Tools and Equipment:
- Responsible for the proper upkeep of company issued equipment (Phone, Laptop, Tools, etc)
- Robust benefits package offering Medical, Dental, 401K, Life Ins, Short/Long-Term Disability, and Tuition Reimbursement.