Field Service Technician
Des Plaines, IL
Position: Industrial Field Service Technician
Performs calibration and preventative maintenance on Industrial weighing equipment without assistance. Serves as the second man on installation, projects, and/or repairs as necessary.
Our client is a multinational manufacturer of scales and analytical instruments. It is the largest provider of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial, and food retailing applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course
- Complete MSHA Part 46 New Miner training or annual refresher, if required in market area
- Ensure personal compliance with all company and customer safety policies and procedures
- Perform calibrations and preventative maintenance duties, ensuring customer uptime requirements are met.
- Document calibration and test results
- Obtain and maintain a valid Weights and Measures license for assigned service area
- Accurately submit Weights & Measures paperwork to state/county in timely manner
- Assists with Scheduling Analysts and Service Support Team whenever necessary
- Actively updates and ensures data integrity of the service database.
- Ensures vehicle service and maintenance requirements are met.
- Achieves assigned targets while controlling expenses
- Complies with ISO standards, work instructions and quality documentation
- Interfaces with sales to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures productivity, FTFR, ETA, and other assigned KPIs are met
- Resolves first line customer complaints.
- Follows and adheres to all service processes and procedures
- Submits sales leads at a level commensurate with experience
- Drives safely and maintains a valid driver’ s license.
- Uses Lap Top PC in the manner prescribed by the policies and procedures
- Maintains inventory levels as assigned by Team Lead or Service Leader, and maintains appropriate accuracy and control over stocked items
- Required to work OT as needed to meet business demand
- Ability to meet all physical demands as listed below
- Accurately completes and submits all required record keeping on time
- Works to ensure an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork with field and service support colleagues, and participates with a positive attitude toward obtaining team objectives.
- Submits all required paperwork in a timely and professional manner, maintains a close professional relationship with external/internal customers, sales, technicians and other leaders
- May be required to be on-call for around the clock support of customer base
- Overnight travel as required
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency, behavior and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of 1 year of technical training beyond High School or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and be capable of learning proprietary software. Ability to review and update information using company programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and talk or listen. The employee is frequently required to; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to hazards in the work site including chemicals and solvents. In addition, they may be exposed to moving parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure to dust, dirt, and fumes varies from work site to work site. Special protective equipment and clothing maybe required. Must have a valid driver’ s license.
Competitive hourly pay plus overtime and bonuses. Medical, Dental, Life Insurance & 401K. Company vehicle, tools, cell phone, laptop and expense card included.