Field Service Technician
2820 Thatcher Rd Downers Grove, IL 60515
Our client is the worldwide leader in package inspection technology. They provide systems designed for on-line inspection of empty and filled containers in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care and household product industries. These solutions ensure that only the highest quality products (beer, soft drink, dairy, food and more) reach the marketplace.
They have an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Technician based out of their headquarters in Downers Grove, IL. They are looking for a highly motivated applicant with a blend of technical know-how and interpersonal skills. This position requires extensive nationwide travel. The Field Service Technician can expect to spend 75% of the time traveling and on location at customer facilities. This position is eligible for overtime earnings.
- Install, repair and troubleshoot their equipment per standard company procedures.
- Oversee the installation of the equipment.
- Replace defective or failed parts.
- Provide technical support over the phone and in the field to resolve technical problems associated with the operation of equipment.
- Complete upgrades to update and improve equipment functionality.
- After installation or repair service, ensure that the equipment is completely functional.
- Ensure purchased equipment is meeting customer expectations and all device capabilities are being utilized.
- Provide both on the job and formal classroom training to customers (machine operators, maintenance personnel, management).
- Apply working knowledge of their product line to identify and evaluate potential customer applications and make recommendations accordingly.
- Complete compliance documentation and other required paperwork.
- Associate’ s degree in electrical technology and/or equivalent work experience/demonstrated knowledge in the repair or maintenance of capital equipment.
- Resourceful and possess strong problem-solving skills, technical aptitude. Ability to analyze, understand and take corrective action when assessing their equipment.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good listening skills with the ability to work with customers and engineering consultants.
- Effective communicator with excellent customer service skills.
- Highly proficient in PC applications, MS Office suite is a must. Knowledgeable of computer operating systems and computer networking.
- Capable of bending and lifting up to 60 lbs. Stamina to stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness to travel by air and auto on short notice. Ability to safely drive and operate a vehicle. Valid driver’ s license.
- Willingness to work overtime.
Very competitive hourly pay, OT, per diem, complete corporate benefits to include major medical, dental, 401 (K) and all travel bonus miles are yours to keep. Tremendous growth opportunity in the $60’ s & up!