8001 Petersburg St. Anchorage, AK 99507
Our client is a leader in providing engineering solutions, service, and engines for the equipment that powers our world: commercial trucks, power generation, off-highway, and machinery marine power. With four sales, service, and parts warehousing facilities and extended service throughout the Western United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. Our company has what it takes to provide superior power and unmatched service for your business.
Foreman – On Highway – Anchorage, AK
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Foreman is responsible for implementing the plan outlined by the Service Manager. They will perform foreman duties and lead excellence and safety amongst the service technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Manage the day to day activities of the operations field technicians.
- Committed to delivery of the highest level of customer service and quality
- Able to multi task and change direction at any given moment as service needs change
- Work closely with management to understand and achieve the departments service goals
- Monitor multiple technician’ s efficiency and quality of repairs
- Collaborate and work effectively with other departments
- Model strong leadership skills and take an active role in the growth of the department and development of the technicians they supervise
- Prioritize and achieve deadlines
- Comply with company policies and ensure that the team is compliant
- Own and maintain a tool inventory
- Maintain a valid driver’ s license and be insurable under the company’ s insurance policy
- Daily travel up to 95% of the time with occasional overnight travel up to 2-week periods
- Strong technical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience with client interfacing and problem resolution.
- Able to maintain level of excellence in crew’ s quality of work and mindset.
- Management, reporting, and budgeting skills. Facilitate all reporting and tracking.
- Able to guide and develop less experienced technicians.
- Follow and help develop processes.
- Ability to complete jobs assigned with little to no supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills which includes both verbal and written communications.
- Must work /communicate well with electricians, contractors, site managers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities/training and reading technical and regulation publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, emails, typing, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 4+ years’ experience and/or training in power generation field
- Associates Degree (AA) from a college or technical school (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
Extremely competitive salary plus overtime. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, 401K, an attractive vacation policy, and paid Holidays.