Human Resources Manager
Join a leading North American manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of stock and custom envelopes and growing provider of folding cartons, corrugated boxes, labels and fulfillment packaging solutions. The company is the only national envelope manufacturer in Canada, with facilities across seven provinces and three facilities in the United States and employs over 800 people. The company' s growing footprint allows it to efficiently manufacture and distribute products tailored to the specifications of major corporations, national resellers, government entities, as well as paper merchants, statement processors and solutions providers.
As a “ hands-on” generalist, the Human Resources Manager is a key member of the management team who is responsible to proactively identify improvements, determine and implement strategies to align Human Resources programs and policies in support of overall business objectives. This role provides guidance and drives efficiency and effectiveness in all areas of human resources, including employee relations & engagement, recruitment, compensation, performance management, succession development planning & training, health & safety, and benefits administration. This role requires an individual who continually strives to understand how HR supports the business for bottom-line improvement. We are looking for someone who will thrive in directing all facets of HR and has a passion for manufacturing-based operations. Be prepared to bring ideas, innovation and experience to this role to make a difference each day in the company as we grow.
- Passionately assume ownership for all aspects of HR throughout the operations; serving as a supportive colleague to the Senior Team and an employee advocate to foster a culture of transparency, collaboration, performance and respect
- Set up and monitor the various performance indicators and provide accurate statistical reports
- Create best-in-class hiring strategies, sound retention programs and excellent onboarding plans to attract and nurture talent
- After conducting an analysis of training and development needs, coordinate and organize both internal and external training programs to support employee development initiatives, succession planning, and organizational strategic objectives
- Develop & manage compensation strategies, programs and wage structures; including alignment, competitiveness, and benchmarking
- Evaluate, implement, and manage formal employee performance management programs
- Develop, implement and participate in meaningful employee recognition programs
- Manage and coordinate key benefit programs (group insurance, 401(k), etc.) and educate employees. Participate in negotiations with the broker and insurance provider for annual contract proposals (including rates, services, administration, etc.). Analyze proposals and make recommendations
- Work with all levels of management and employees to initiate, promote, implement and maintain health and safety programs and initiatives, compliant with OSHA standards. Oversee and mange workers compensation programs and claims
- Provide resolutions to employee relation issues (e.g. employee complaints and harassment allegations)
- Serve as go-to resource for all employees to discuss all human resources related issues. Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to employee relations, staffing initiatives, performance management, compensation, and career development
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Maintain accurate records and files, including personnel records
- Support and refine HRIS systems to insure accurate and efficient documentation/ processes for HR
- Oversee payroll function
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
- Bachelor' s degree in HR, Business or related discipline required, PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a Human Resources generalist role, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, preferably a similar sized organization of 75-100 employees
- Solid HR & employment law knowledge, including ERISA, COBRA, ADA, FLSA, HIPAA privacy/security, OSHA & workers compensation
- Intermediate computer skills in MSOffice required
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary plus Corporate Benefits package to include medical, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing.