Human Resources Manager
300 CR 11 Lamesa, TX 79331
Join a leading producer of industrial minerals, including sand proppants, whole grain silica, ground silica, fine ground silica, calcined kaolin clay and aplite clay. We have a 100+ year track record as an innovator and a rapidly growing market share as a supplier to domestic oil and natural gas operations that support the nation’ s economic strength and energy independence.
In addition to offering over 200 products in these categories, we also operate as a research and development specialist for customized products and solutions utilizing the same raw materials. The wide variety of industries and applications that we serve which include oil and gas, glass, chemicals, foundry, building products, fillers and extenders, recreation, industrial filtration and treatment, and testing and analysis.
Human Resources Manager – Lamesa, TX
- Labor Relations Efforts
- Working with the Manager of Labor Relations to administer and control plant grievance/employee complaint procedures in such a manner to insure compliance with the Labor Agreements
- Manage NLRB, EEOC, ADA Complaints
- Support, advise and counsel on leadership development and strategic planning initiatives
- Consult with management on employee performance, employee conduct, and general employee and labor relations issues to ensure that the Company’ s expectations are being met, while maintaining open communication between employees and management
- Provide guidance relative to the progressive discipline process and escalate as appropriate up to and including the coordination of involutary employee separation; ensure that a balanced but consistent approach is taken in the application of discipline
- Provide recruiting and staffing support in the Ottawa plant, including managing all aspects of job fairs when appropriate
- Perform various projects and other HR employee related activities, as required
- Maintain knowledge of HR policies and procedures, always and regulations, industry trends and developments to ensure accurate information is being communicated throughout the company
- Act as a single point of contact to advise and counsel all levels of management on day to day HR Issues
- Participate and represent the corporation in civic, industry, and professional organizations
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree is required, advanced degree or certifications preferred
- Minimum 5 years of general Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment
- Have experience in grievance procedures, either as a member of management or as a member of a union committee
- Experience supporting business and staff functions such as sales and finance
- Must be capable of bringing groups of people with widely convergent views to consensus
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with limited direct supervision
- Must be capable of dealing with outside organizations including NLRB, EEOC, etc.
- Have experience in arbitration, wage/hour hearings, and unemployment hearings
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment required, multiple plant locations support preferred
- Knowledge of principles/methods in employee/labor relations, basic compensation, staffing/recruiting, safety, and training and development
- Knowledge of the various regulatory requirement that impact HR such as EEO, Affirmative Action, ADA, etc.
- Ability to travel 25 to 30% to Company Locations, Professional Conferences, and other industry meetings
- PHR/SPHR Certification is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary with a possibility of 15% in Bonuses. Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(k).