IT Help Desk Support
14610 Breakers Dr. Jacksonville, FL 32258
Our client offers a wide range of HVAC/R product lines, competitive pricing, superior customer service and valuable, time saving services that position them as an industry leader. With over 200+ locations in 22+ states they offer their customers a complete range of products for the HVAC/R and Food Industries. They operate primarily in the business to business environment where their products are sold through licensed dealers and contractors in their respective markets.
Our client has an outstanding opportunity for an IT Help Desk Support at their Corporate Office in Jacksonville, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Help Desk Support provides technical support to all levels of staff, including in-house and field customers. Technical support includes the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of a variety of applications and operating systems. This position is the first line of assistance and is instrumental in maintaining business continuity. Candidate will exhibit excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a positive, customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. Candidate will have a strong technical understanding of the various desktop and laptop hardware and components, software applications, and network connectivity. Produces service request/problem incident reports, initiates follow-up to ensure timely disposition and closeout, and tracks all action items and referrals through resolution. Candidates must have a wide range of skills and knowledge in desktop and laptop hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at multiple customer locations.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Answer incoming customer calls and trouble tickets.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware issues in person and via phone
• Install and configure applications and operating system software and upgrades
• Train end users in the use of equipment and software.
• Fully track and document all calls and requests.
• Monitor network and system health.
• Communicate project status, deliverables, priorities and contingencies
• Escalate support calls to supervisor as necessary
• Maintain and seek knowledge about current industry-wide support practices and the potential impact on the support business. Qualifications
• High School or GED required. Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field preferred.
• Minimum 1-2 years related experience required
• Proficient configuring Windows 7 and Windows 10.
• Working knowledge with Microsoft Office suites products as well as Anti-virus/spam software
• Troubleshoot laptop, desktops, and printer issues in a LAN/WAN environment
• Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
• This position requires evening and weekend hours, with on-call availability
. • Ability to lift to 30 pounds.