In House Service & Repair Technician
Santa Clara, CA
Join the largest manufacturer of fabricating equipment and industrial lasers in North America. Our client offers innovative, high-quality products and solutions in the areas of sheet metal processing, laser-based production processes and electronic applications.
POSITION: In House Service and Repair Technician
- Evaluation, repair and calibration of for high power MF, RF & DC equipment at in-house repair and test center.
- Installation, repair and technical support incl. training for same equipment at customer facility.
- Installation, repair and technical support of demo equipment for customer demonstration / qualification projects.
- Customer support via telephone, email and by means of remote services such as TeamViewer.
- Customer spare parts / inventory support both on-site and in-house.
- National travel will be up to 20%, with 10% local travel, 70% of the time will be spent at the Santa Clara facility.
- Occasional international travel.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- In-house equipment evaluation, repair and testing with designated test equipment
- Identify broken parts and replacements, provide input for cost estimation / quotation
- Technical support for all customers via remote support (phone, email, TeamViewer) and onsite visits
- Hands on repairs and maintenance at customer site
- Technical support for sales department, including demo / qualification setup and testing
- Customer training
- Return parts evaluation
- Help with identifying and maintaining spare parts inventory and adequate safety stock levels
- Backup for other field service locations
- Occasionally 24 hour on call support (e.g. for customers with service contracts)
- Document all service activities in service information system (SIS), help to maintain customer database
- Prepare service trip and related reports to designated personnel
- Other customer support and field service-related duties might be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of in algebra, trigonometry and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Valid drivers license, valid passport or ability to obtain one. Proof of earned degree or certifications if stated. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Ideal candidate will have knowledge of high power electronics or radio frequency circuits. Good mechanical background will be helpful, along with good problem solving, communication and computer skills. Associate' s degree (A. S.) in Electrical Engineering / Electronics technology. Military education / training in electronics with emphasis on radar or sonar and / or certification in equivalent disciplines desired, along with 1- 2 years related experience and/or training. Combinations of education and experience in the above listed areas will be considered.