In House Technical Support Engineer
Farmington Industrial Park Farmington, CT 06032
Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the networked manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
This position is responsible for, resolving technical and operational problems for customers and Field Service Engineers remotely by utilizing proper diagnostic resources. Work closely with other Product Support Engineers, Administrative Assistance, Schedulers and Regional Managers.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
1. Approximately 75% of time will be focused on phone support assisting both customer and Field Service Engineers
2. Up to 25% of field service support, attending training classes or hosting training classes on campus will be required. Travel is required through North America.
3. Utilize remote diagnostics capabilities to assist and help fix customers machines. Work with service schedulers for coordinating correct field support
4. Understand technical documentation, ETK, schematics and blue prints to utilize them during telephone support
5. Utilize SIS Software system to correctly create and enter missions
6. Update and close cases/missions upon review and completion of service calls
7. Working knowledge of SAP software and other computer skills as required by position.
8. Maintain communication with customers, Field Service Engineers and company personnel in a professional manner
9. In strict adherence with company Telecommuting Policy
10. Attend all necessary meetings in person or by telecommunicating
11. Stay up to date with new product introductions
12. Interface with company departments as necessary to obtain answers to technical problems
13. Report discrepancies, unresolved or recurrent problems to the Supervisor or Manager
14. Other administrative projects, office and technical tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
15. Perform all requirements with minimal supervision
16. 24/7 and after hours shifts will be required after first year
Must have extensive knowledge with machine tools and lasers. Minimum three years prior experience or equivalent in customer service/technical concentration is preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Two year technical school degree with concentration in Engineering principles or suitable combination of education and work experience.