Join the largest new pallet manufacturer in the United States. The company is committed to being the low cost, high service provider that customers call first when looking for pallet solutions. The organization offers unparalleled expertise with over 40 years of experience in the pallet industry. They work hard to create a positive and supportive environment to help employees excel and advance careers!
- Install, modify, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, test, and load new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- The incumbent is responsible for the day to day preventive maintenance tasks and repair of electrical power and electronic equipment, troubleshooting, instrumentation calibration and assist with any mechanical repairs.
- Will possess a thorough understanding and hands on experience with electrical & electronic maintenance principals.
- Trouble shoot machine break down and repair situations and safely restore the machine to the proper operating condition.
- The ability to diagnose and trouble shoot electrical malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Must have a solid ability to solve machine operation problems using skill set of deductive reasoning, and electric test meters.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and schematics and wire control panels.
- Install, modify, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, test Motors (low voltage and high voltage), motor starters, sensors and variable frequency drives.
- Install, modify, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, test 240V, 480V, Transformers, 3 phase wiring, Contactors, Relays, Timers, Photo Eyes, and Proxys.
- Experience with single and 3-phase electrical repair and troubleshooting up to 480 volts
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (plc) a plus.
- Promote safe work practices including LOTO, Confined Space, Hot Work, etc
- Schedule and organize work methods, materials and parts.
- Operate maintenance equipment (forklifts, aerial lift platforms, skid steer loaders).
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Respond to plant breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work closely with supervisors and operators to resolve maintenance related issues.
- Will assist maintenance mechanics and operators as necessary when needed to support production including all of the above listed tasks and other means of support as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure within time constraints.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- HS diploma and military experience a plus
- Industrial manufacturing maintenance a plus; must have experience working with high voltage applications
- Prior diagnostic, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance experience
- AC & DC motor control experience (including drives) required
- Experience with OR education in controls wiring, controls devices (relays, drives, controllers, A/C and D/C motors, etc.) and PLC ladder logic Experience with OR education in controls wiring, controls devices (relays, drives, controllers, A/C and D/C motors, etc.) and PLC ladder logic
- Proven ability to be a self-motivated and a self-starter
- Monday – Fridays with ample OT available.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive pay plus OT! Corporate benefits package includes major medical(BCBS) insurance, dental, paid vacation, six paid holidays per year, and 401k retirement plan.