Journey Level Chassis Technician
8001 Petersburg St. Anchorage, AK 99507
Our client is a leader in providing engineering solutions, service, engines for the equipment that powers our world: commercial trucks, power generation, off-highway, and machinery marine power. With four sales, service, and parts warehousing facilities and extended service throughout the Western United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. Our company has what it takes to provide superior power and unmatched service for your business
Journey Level Chassis Technician – On Highway – Anchorage, AK
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Journey Level Chassis is responsible for performing accurate analysis, troubleshooting using diagnostic tools to create and execute a repair plan.
- Determine unit condition by conducting inspections, diagnostic tests, and identifying deficiencies.
- Diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on various pieces of equipment and trucks.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance services on various pieces of equipment
- Verify performance by conducting test drives and making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Utilize manufacturer software programs associated with repairing and diagnosing equipment
- Ability to clearly document repair and work efforts.
- Maintain a safe & organized work environment.
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new & different requests as well as exploring value-added opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Daily travel in and around the Anchorage area with travel on the road daily with some overnight stays.
- Must have experience with client interfacing and problem resolution
- Must maintain level of excellence in quality of work and mindset
- Understand basic operation of transfer switches and switch gear
- Ability to use vendor diagnostic software to identify and repair deficiencies
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to qualify new and used parts for the job being performed
- Ability to complete jobs assigned with little to no supervision
- Excellent customer service skills which includes both verbal and written communications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities/training and reading technical and regulation publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, emails, typing, etc.)
- Experience with all major engines: Cummins, Cat, and Detroit Diesel (Preferred).
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Maintain a valid driver' s license and be insurable under the employer' s insurance policy
- A Commercial driver’ s license is a plus
- Must possess necessary basic tools
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 4+ years' experience with truck chassis components (Required)
Compensation and Benefits
Extremely competitive salary plus overtime. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, 401K, an attractive vacation policy, and paid Holidays.