Our Client is a customer-driven, full-service international freight forwarder and customs house broker with a global presence. Their services include, but are not limited, to air services, ocean services, ground transportation, customs brokerage, warehousing and distribution, order management, security management, documentation, and e-Logistics.
The company serves as liaison between foreign governments and the U.S. military. Once an order is placed and the U.S. Government issues a notice of availability, our client goes to work, securing all required licenses, preparing documentation and arranging the necessary land, sea or air transport
The Logistics Officer' s primary responsibilities will include the employee coordinating logistics operations in support of Foreign Military Sales Accounts, to include transportation and warehousing of military equipment purchased by customer governments from the United States through the Foreign Military Sales Program (FMS). Position will grow into a client facing role with the employee traveling internationally as the company representative to oversee shipments, perform client services and develop customer relationships, and conduct business development functions.
- Ideal Candidate:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to professionally navigate cultural differences
- Strong interest in international business and willingness to travel whenever needed
- Desire to win and grow in the company
- Flexible and seeks additional responsibility
- Previous logistics experience is not required
- Military officers are encouraged to apply
- Growth Opportunities/Career Progression
- This employee will be hired with the intent that they will learn the business and grow into leadership positions within the FMS business unit, and potentially further throughout the company. The position will report to a former military officer, who joined DF Young after separating from the Marines in 2016.
- The company is a privately owned company with great potential for advancement. High performers are valued and rewarded. The company is looking for high potential leaders to groom and grow.
- Travel Requirements
- 50%+ domestic and international (significant travel to the Middle East region)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary, Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance, Disability, and 401K matching.