6320 East State Street Columbus, IN 47201
An Indiana based leading transportation company that has been recognized as the premier provider of safe, dependable bulk hazardous transportation services in the United States has a challenging opportunity available for a dynamic, experienced leader to direct all recruitment and retention programs. For more than 35 years, the company' s modern, meticulously maintained fleet of specialty tankers transport anhydrous ammonia, liquefied petroleum gases, carbon dioxide, nitric acid, cryogenic liquids, and other bulk hazardous materials for industrial customers. A successful candidate will be expected to develop and monitor a comprehensive recruitment strategy, implement effective retention initiatives, help establish/build employment brand and culture, and manage the day-to-day administration of Talent Acquisition policies, procedures and programs. The VP of Talent Acquisition will spearhead the support of staffing covering 16 terminals.
The Logistics Specialist position ensures that incoming orders are executed, and customer satisfaction is achieved. The Logistics Specialist position coordinates the drivers and equipment for the most efficient and productive use of equipment and driver time. This position monitors the number of loads assigned to each of the drivers working with the company' s fleet in order to provide an equitable distribution of work. The Logistics Specialist maintains continual communication with customers regarding current orders and anticipates future requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute customer orders from receipt of order through to delivery of product by
building loads, assigning drivers and equipment.
- Monitor driver and vehicle performance while en route through automated
tracking software, including route issues and potential Hours of Service
- Determine disposition of equipment and driver after delivery of goods to
- Assist drivers with load and customer or paperwork issues, whenever required,
including after normal business hours.
- Monitor and address delayed times on loads to determine if there were
customer issues, driver and/or equipment problems or other unforeseen
circumstances. Notify customers and enter notes for billing, as necessary. Update customers regarding order status, including any issues that impact order
- Coordinate scheduling of mandated DOT testing with shop(s) to ensure
maximum availability of vehicle in response to customer requirements.
- Follow through with drivers on required trailer inspection documentation to
prevent equipment being taken out of service.
- Set up new customer account in system, excluding “ Bill to” information, after
obtaining directions, information about unloading and equipment needed for new
- Keep customer files up to date and enter updates into system as needed.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide back up to the Terminal Manager and Terminal Coordinator, as needed.
- Enter loads for various locations and products as needed.
- Attend Company and industry-related meetings, as required.
- Establish individual goals which are aligned with the Company' s business
strategies and objectives. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by executive leadership.
Standards of Performance:
The ability to work under intense pressure and multitask to resolve critical issues
related to customer deliveries and driver safety. Ability to work extended hours and work weeks, including weekends, as needed. Timely delivery of goods and customer satisfaction with services provided. Profitable use of equipment and equitable distribution to drivers of available loads. Demonstrated willingness to learn and grow within the position, progressively able to provide substantial support to Terminal Manager. Ability to professionally and effectively correspond with external and internal clients and vendors via phone, email, and written correspondence. Excellent attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment. Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate well over the telephone.
Former Military and/or experience in transportation industry, including familiarity with DOT and FMCSR, preferred but not required.
- Experience with hazardous waster and/or hazardous materials preferred, but not
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Familiarity with QUALCOMM preferred.
- Experience with customer service and problem resolution is highly desired.
Highly competitive hourly compensation plus OT, bonus, profit sharing and comprehensive company benefits package.