1600 Whipple Road Union City, CA 94587
The Maintenance Mechanic participates as a member of a diverse team of associates to accomplish shared goals. We are looking for an experienced industrial mechanic to support the daily operations of our manufacturing facility. This person must be committed to continuous improvement and passionate about innovation. Responsibilities include performing all phases of preventative maintenance such as electrical and mechanical breakdown repairs to the facility and production equipment successfully and in a safe and timely manner. This requires proficiency in the analysis and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment. Our ideal candidate is someone who is:
- An experienced electrician of 5+ years with the ability to troubleshoot and repair low voltage and 110-volt relay control circuits, high voltage industrial distribution systems, motor control circuits (3 phase to VFD) and a basic understanding of PLCs
- A general mechanic with skills and knowledge related to troubleshooting and service of various processing and packaging equipment, including pneumatics, hydraulics in a manufacturing plant (food processing experience is a strong plus).
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions in written and/or oral form.
- A safety champion, 6S guru, and effective communicator of policies, problems, ideas, and general topics.
- Skilled in light metal fabrication, including gas, MIG and TIG welding
- Trustworthy, innovative, and dedicated to delivering results.
- Capable of independent reasoning, judgment and attention to detail
- Tech-savvy and able to calculate rates and percentages
- Able to work around flour and cinnamon, and other bakery ingredients as part of the daily activities
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Responsible for basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to Manufacturing Processes, company work and safety rules
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs manufacturing equipment; shares knowledge of applicable mechanical concepts/principles to other maintenance personnel
- Provides troubleshooting and repair of facility electrical equipment such as single phase circuits, three phase AC circuits, DC circuits, PLCs, Variable Frequency Drives
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks scheduled including reports and qualifies results
- Completes special projects as assigned, in a cost effective and timely manner
- Informs the appropriate facility personnel of any necessary modifications or system malfunctions, what would affect their area of operation
- Communicates effectively with vendors and equipment manufacturers
- Ensures production-line equipment is maintained & functional for subsequent shifts
- Performs non-technical assignments, as requested by maintenance management