Our client produces custom tempered glass that is primarily used in residential windows and doors. Our business is built on quick service to our customers of high quality tempered glass. The client facility currently has openings for Maintenance Technicians. Responsibilities that fall in the Maintenance Technician job are:
- Carries out the plant maintenance program, monitors the condition of the equipment during production and communicates with the line operators on the performance of the equipment.
- Complete assigned training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Complete electronic maintenance programs.
- Carry out maintenance policies and procedures.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools, gauges, and full function checks to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, or job orders to construct templates and lay out reference points for workers.
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Work as a team with production operators and other mechanics
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with a team of people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities and materials.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Steel Toed Boots, Safety Glasses, Ear plugs
- Follow established safety policies
- Production and maintenance shop
- Training and equipment to safely work
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation after one year
- Standard benefits package including health, dental and life insurance and 401K retirement plan after 3 months
- Monthly profit sharing up to 52% of your wage after 3 months
We are looking for candidates that have a strong work ethic, work safely, have a positive attitude and work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon hire, client uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires