Manufacturing Group Leader
600 West Northridge Drive, Shelbyville, IN 46176
Join a leading automotive parts manufacturer. The company offers metal body parts, chassis and plastic injection parts to top automotive companies throughout the United States and worldwide.
Group Leader – Shelbyville, IN
- Communicate job expectations, plan, monitor and review the results of your team effectively while coaching, counseling and conducting disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Grow/Maintain your staff by training, orienting, developing, and recruiting as needed.
- Ensure work flow is running efficiently through monitoring the process, setting variables, and observing control points and the associated equipment.
- Implementing cost reduction methods and developing detailed reporting procedures and systems.
- Facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points, while fostering cooperation within and between departments.
- Completing production plans, scheduling and assigning key personnel, establishing priorities, monitory, revising schedules as necessary, resolving problems, and reporting results.
- Lead by example and enforcing the company standards.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of new equipment and techniques while ensuring existing is functioning properly and calling for repairs as needed.
- Compile, initiate, sort and analyze production performance records and data, and responding to request for information from supervision.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment for employees through proper education and direction of personnel on control points, equipment, resources while remaining compliant with established policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly and efficiently resolving personnel issues and concerns by analyzing data, conducting an investigation, identifying solutions and recommending a corrective action.
- Maintain professional and technical expertise through attendance of educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, communication in personal networks, and benchmarking.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Previous experience in supervision, coaching, mentoring, process improvement, tracking budgets, managing processes, production planning, controls and instrumentation, strategic planning, working with complex systems, and financial planning and strategies.
- Previous Automotive Manufacturing Experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive income. Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(k).