Manufacturing Team Leader
600 West Northridge Drive, Shelbyville, IN 46176
Join a leading automotive parts manufacturer. The company offers metal body parts, chassis and plastic injection parts to top automotive companies throughout the United States and worldwide.
Team Leader – Shelbyville, IN
- Lead manufacturing activities that include processing and packaging of materials for production.
- Strong motivation skills/techniques to ensure you assist team members to reach their full potential and grow professionally.
- Demonstrate a safe environment for all team members and ensure everyone’ s safety focused.
- Ensure all team members are wearing proper PPE before going to the work site.
- Conduct safety incident reports and investigations as needed
- Assign associated tasks to team members, giving them specific directions and procedures necessary to complete the assigned tasks.
- Monitor team members throughout their assigned shifts and ensure they comply with company standards.
- Provide leadership and communicate effectively.
- Supervise team members, providing guidance to ensure production is flowing efficiently and at the highest level of quality.
- Lead by example and enforcing the company standards and actively modeling how to perform a task when necessary.
- Evaluate contributions of all team members and encourage team work and challenging them to work together, sharing ideas and maintaining good relationships to ensure each shift is running efficiently.
- Demonstrate how to handle emergencies that may occur and ensure team members understand how to handle potential emergency situations.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment for employees through proper education and direction of personnel on control points, equipment, resources while remaining compliant with established policies and procedures.
- Evaluate your equipment is functioning properly and safely at all times.
- Inspect products and goods manufactured to ensure they meet company quality standards
- Maintain team member performance records
- Maintain equipment, budgets, deliverables, and supply records and ensure their readily available.
- Develop production schedules for the execution of projects in a timely manner.
- Manage team member’ s vacations, time and attendance.
- Prepare Shift reports, and ensure information is disseminated to the next shift.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Mechanically inclined, Safety focused, leadership, ability to give direction and follow-up with team members, excellent time management skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous Automotive Manufacturing Experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive income. Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(k).