227 W. Illinois Street Brimfield, IL 61517
Our client is the world’ s leading manufacturer of specialty transport carriers— with machines operating worldwide in the metals/ material handling industry.
Each carrier offers exceptional maneuverability, heavy-duty construction, and high load capacity— providing customers with a durable, cost-efficient machine solution that is built to meet application requirements.
The company has a long tradition of excellence continues with the specialty transport carrier product line that has been engineered and constructed to deliver superior performance, outstanding reliability and enhanced lifecycle value.
This dynamic role as both as a material coordinator and a buyer will provide subject matter expertise in the area of safety stock planning and right sizing inventory levels. Candidate will also be responsible for the purchasing of steel plate, steel fabrications and other assigned commodities.
Candidate must have a mentality of reducing waste and process improvement.
Key Job Elements
- Identify and resolve supply-related issues (including critical or chronic shortages, problem suppliers) relating to assigned suppliers and parts.
- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, root cause analysis, & corrective action where necessary.
- Respond quickly to changing aftermarket and production customer needs; Prioritize daily & weekly workflow to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction with for timeliness of product delivery.
- Review supplier schedules to identify deliveries which do not meet demand requirements; Expedite and obtain promises for delivery on all past due and upcoming due material.
- Work to support customer on-time delivery, safety stock health, inventory accuracy, and inventory turns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, manufacturing, Quality, Control inventory of purchased parts
- Analyze material/commodity market and prices to optimize current inventory levels, in association with cost reductions; proactively identify opportunities for efficiency gains.
Qualifications and Experience
- Analytical ability and complex problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with initiative; ability to function with minimal supervision.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work within team environment and develop relationships with suppliers
- Ability to read blueprints and understand basic engineering documents is a plus but will train.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is also a strong plus.
- Former and exiting military members encouraged to apply.
- This is a First Shift position.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a salaried position. The Buyer/Material Coordinator will earn $60K. Complete suite of corporate benefits, including Medical, Dental insurance, 401K