815 Whitney Road West Rochester, NY 14450
Join a rapidly growing and industry leader in food, beverage, and spirit production. The company has over 40 years of experience in producing sauces, oils, salsas and dips, and, more recently, has added processing and packaging capabilities enabling a wide range of beverages and spirits products. The state-of-the-art facilities and talented production team are growing increasingly comprehensive in the food, beverage and spirits products they can create for our national brand and retailer brand partners throughout the U.S. The family owned company has built long lasting partnerships with many of the major retailers across the country!
The primary role of the Mechanic/Electrician (3 Levels) is to work as a key maintenance team contributor to support company objectives with respect to maintaining equipment to support production requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup, repair, install, maintain machinery equipment including; mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, special projects, measuring and calibrating equipment, performing preventive maintenance duties using strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, which can work with internal and external customers, and can work as part of the maintenance team but is also comfortable working independently;
- Performs all production equipment setups as required to meet operational needs
- Supports and completes Preventive and Planned maintenance of mechanical, electrical and utilities equipment including but not limited to; cleaning, inspecting, setup, diagnosing, replacement, testing and continuous improvements;
- Is able to diagnose malfunction in machinery and equipment. Inspect visually and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunction;
- Identifies and reports the need for repairs to Maintenance Management. Crosses over with previous shifts’ maintenance and production employees to review the schedule and current runs, identifying repair needs and plan product changeovers;
- Effectively communicates with other departments in a professional manner at all times on equipment repair status;
- Works within the maintenance team to accurately communicate and document events so that others have the most effective information to solve problems;
- Leads in the diagnoses of mechanical/electrical malfunctions in machinery and equipment, as well as, in efforts associated with plant shut-down maintenance work;
- Knowledge of fabricating, assembling and installing mechanical/electrical systems using tools associated with the task;
- Building and installing new and enhanced equipment through continuous improvements upgrades;
- Works closely with Engineering, Maintenance Managers and Master Mechanics on projects as needed;
- Enhances knowledge and skills of mechanical and electrical systems with on the job training techniques;
- Completes all tasks while strictly adhering to all required industry guidelines to include and not limit to; Plant Safety, Food Safety, SQF and all internal/external audits;
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Basic computer literacy as evidenced by the ability to go online and conduct basic searches on the Internet, check email, create and send with attachments and use basic email features;
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
- Prefer experience working with manufacturing equipment including 3 phase motors, control wiring, 24VDC, 120VAC, 208/220VAC, 480VAC;
- Experience with Controls for Conveyor Systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps and Valves;
- Knowledge of and ability to comprehend and troubleshoot production machinery (i.e. Fillers, Rinsers, Cappers, Case Packers, Case Formers, Coolers and Pasteurizers);
- Familiarity with Lock-Out Tag-Out Authorized, Hot Work, Confined Space and HECP Training preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics;
- Ability to use a variety of measuring tools and test equipment;
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision;
- Requires mechanical aptitude;
- Knowledge of Drill Press, Chop Saw, Port-a-Band, Sawzall and other maintenance tools preferred;
- Knowledge or experience with Multi-Meters, Amp Probes, Meger Ohm Meter, Panelview
- Manlift, Powertools, Hand tools, Panelview Controls, Production Machines, X-Ray Equipment, all types of Photo Eyes, Light Curtains, and Conveyors;
- Kitchen equipment and Pumps, Milling Machine, Lathes and Drill Press;
- Lock-Out Tag-Out Equipment, Gear and HECPS;
- Computer and Printer;
- Ability to climb ladders and utilize carts;
- Ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, oscilloscopes and motor megger;
- Digital Multimeter and clamp-on AC current reader;
- RTO calibrator, RTO Milliamp and Calibrator/simulator.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive Hourly rate plus OT available! Company offers an excellent benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(K) with matching! The opportunity offers tremendous growth for your career!