Mechanical Technician - Installation
3140 Riverport Tech Center Drive Maryland Heights, MO 63043
For over 50 years, over client has been providing critical facility infrastructure expertise, installation services and ongoing support to our clients. As a mission critical contractor, our team members are experts in multiple areas, including Access Floors, Fire Protection, Building Controls, Installations, Preventative Maintenance, Containment and Facility Cleaning Maintenance.
A mid-sized company that treats its employees like family. They believe when you are happy and satisfied in your career if it reflects positively in your work product leading to high customer satisfaction.
Mechanical Technician – Installation
In this role, you will install and repair mission critical infrastructure systems and equipment such HVAC, generators, UPS, etc.
Other key areas of responsibility include:
- Installing mechanical systems, piping, duct systems, seismic bracing
- Installing electrical systems, panels, transformers and other service equipment and materials
- Installing mechanical piping, duct systems, seismic bracing systems
- Installing panels and transformers and other service equipment
- Performing pressure and leak checks on all types of piping systems
- Performing soldering and brazing procedures
- Diagnosing causes of mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment
- Reading, understanding and interpreting basic wiring diagrams and mechanical drawing and blueprints
- Responding to emergency service calls as part of an on-call team
- Submitting paperwork on a timely basis to the service desk so that accounts can be updated and billed accurately and in a timely manner
- Communicating with clients/customers, informing them of equipment conditions and status of repairs
- Partnering with account managers to further build and develop the client relationship
- Maintaining and operating assigned company service vehicle
- High School Diploma
- Certificate from trade school in mechanical area of study
- Formal apprenticeship training and certification
- Preferred Qualifications include: St. Louis City/County Journeyman License
- Valid Driver’ s License
- Preferred qualifications include veteran or technical school graduate
- Preferred qualifications include US Passport/Passport card to be used for security access at customer sites
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive hourly pay plus overtime. Salary based on certain pre-conditions (area, qualification, experience, OT etc.). Competitive benefit package that includes health and welfare benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, PTO and paid holidays plus additional benefits.
Lots of growth opportunity with this position!