Medical Equipment Field Service Engineer
Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of our Clients strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for 50 years, they have designed, developed, produced, and marketed diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. Their solutions (reagents, instruments, software, and services) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, our client is present in more than 150 countries through 41 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France. United States operations HQ in Durham, NC. They are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
The Field System Engineer will manage all service needs of their assigned geographic base of customers. The activities include installation, maintenance and repair of the instrument base within the assigned area, as well as the administrative actions required to accurately reflect these activities.
Installation and Servicing
· Responds expediently to all requests for customer instrument service via communications with service office; ensures that all instrument service requests are fulfilled within area of geographic responsibility.
· Exercises judgment on service call handling and deployment. Requests support when service call backlog exists. This will be accomplished via communications with service center and service management.
· Installs instrumentation sold by the company and assist customers in basic methods of operation, maintenance and instrument repair procedures, while gaining systems and applications knowledge.
· Diagnosis and repair instrument malfunctions to the board level and ensures that instruments operate optimally in all performance areas.
· Maintains accurate preventive maintenance schedules and ensures timely completion of all scheduled maintenance within area of geographic responsibility. During preventive maintenance responsibilities include:
• Probing customer for instrument or test related problems and recommends a course of corrective action.
• Performance of remedial/refresher training in basic operation and maintenance of instrumentation.
• Ensures a credible, professional service image is established.
• Promote the need and benefit of customer service agreements.
· Completes Instrument Service Reports and Quality Assurance Checklists for each customer contact in order to accurately document instrumentation, customer or test related problems. Corrects problems encountered or formulates a corrective action plan which is outlined for customer during time of contact.
· Via Instrument Service Reports provides accurate data for installation, warranty, instrumentation and customer history documentation.
· Documents recurring instrument/test related failures and should include suggestions for changes or modification to existing instrumentation, policies, manuals or concepts.
· Completes all required departmental forms including but not limited to Instrument Service Reports, Quality Assurance Checklists, Preventive Maintenance/Verification Checklists, Repair Tags, and Weekly Time Sheets and Travel Expense Statements and makes timely submission in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
Other Related Duties
· Maintains and controls spare parts inventory at levels compatible with repair and financial objectives.
· Ensures operating expenses fall within departmental budgetary guidelines.
· Continuously improves knowledge of company policies, instrumentation and service techniques while improving interpersonal skills in an overall effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Provides necessary follow-up on service agreement purchase to ensure achievement of departmental revenue objectives.
· Is responsible for care, maintenance and safeguarding of all company issued property, i.e., car, test equipment, tools and spare parts.
· Adhere to all Standards of Performance and meets all documented MBOs.
· Associate Degree or technical school equivalent in Electronic Technology, Computer Science or equivalent military training.
· Must be proficient in computer operation and basic computer repair.
· Software operating systems experience helpful.
· Must be proficient in Windows and MS Office, with knowledge of host/remote communications and network systems preferred.
· Requires ability to work on mechanical, electrical and vacuum systems.
· Requires experience in troubleshooting skills, ability to travel with daily notice, experienced in resolving customer problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Must have and maintain a valid drivers license. ***
Compensation & Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary plus OT and bonus potential. Outstanding Corporate benefits package to include major medical and dental. Vehicle, cell phone, laptop, iPad.