Mobile Service Technician
985 Falls Creek Drive Vandalia, OH 45377
Join a family owned and operated company that is a leading distributor of hydraulic, pneumatic, electromechanical, filtration, and lubrication technologies. We provide a range of services including: system design and manufacturing, component service and repair, on-site plumbing, installation and emergency hose repair and replacement.
Mobile Service Technician – Vandalia, Ohio (Dayton)
- Install and repair hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication systems on machinery and equipment in a customer’ s facility
- Work with Mobile Services Supervisor to perform assembly and repair duties in house when on-site services are not scheduled
- Deliver all necessary equipment and materials to the customer’ s facility
- Read and comprehend hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication schematics as well as layout drawings of machine guarding installations
- Observe all safety guidelines. Recognize electrical disconnect(s) and verify power is off before working on any system. Discharge system using manual unloading valve before commencing work
- Determine general layout of circuit and install components accordingly
- Replace worn or damaged hydraulic components such as oil lines, fittings, cylinders, valves, gaskets and seals
- Disassemble hydraulic systems and remove or replace defective motors, pumps, valving and actuators on occasion
- Visually inspect completed installations by examining all components, fluid lines and guarding. Observe and listen to operating machinery to detect any malfunctions
- Read indicators such as pressure gauges, flow meters and temperature gauges to analyze system performance
- High School diploma or GED and one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in both written and oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must pass a mechanical aptitude test.
- Must be able to maneuver, with assistance, up to 500 pounds when loading and unloading trailer.
- Must be able to handle products/components up to 100 pounds.
- Must have own personal tools to use.
- Must have a good driving record and a valid Ohio Driver’ s license. Must be able to travel overnight when required.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer competitive wage and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance as well as paid vacation and holidays, 401k & company match, profit sharing and educational assistance.