14847 Fairway Pines Drive Missouri City, TX 77489
The Plant Manager' s responsibility is to provide leadership to all departments for overall vision and direction of the plant by way of guidance, direction, encouragement, training and development. Also developing and coaching managers and supervisors to excel to the peak of their performance levels. In addition to directing all managerial personnel to manage their departments and functional areas to meet the manufacturing plant’ s operational and financial objectives while supporting the values, mission, vision, and priorities of the company.
- Full responsibility for the complete operation of the manufacturing facility.
- Ensures safe, efficient operation of the plant within the guidelines established by the company and all governmental laws and regulations to include all food safety programs and auditing processes.
- Monitors production, inventory, safety, human resources, quality assurance, maintenance and sanitation programs.
- Plans capital projects, long range strategic planning, and succession planning.
- Promotes Lean Manufacturing concepts and leads the plant with the company' s vision; is open to, and promotes change to continually improve and enhance the facility and workforce to stay ahead of the competition.
- Ensures ethical behavior in all aspects of managing the facility and its material and human resources.
- Responsibility for manufacturing facility’ s Capital and operating budgets.
- Responsible for associate and leadership development, developing team skills, and creating a culture of engagement and continuous improvement.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Food Science, Engineering, Science or similar academic disciplines.
- 5-10 Years Experience at the Plant Management Position and 5-10 years in a supervisory and or management position with progressively more responsible positions.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Associate Safety Programs/Systems HAACP, GMPs etc. Sanitation and Plant Maintenance and Continuous Improvement such as Lean Manufacturing would be definite assets.
- A Master’ s in Business Administration is preferred but not required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and cultural sensitivity required. Foreign Language skills as it relates to the facility’ s demographics are a plus.
- Ability to manage a diverse staff of managerial personnel.
- Experience with self-directed teams/skill-based pay.