Quality Control Manager
200 West Belleview Drive Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Join a leading producer of glass packaging in the United States, focused on the growth, premium specialty segment of the market. The company has a long-standing relationships with blue chip companies across the beer, liquor, food, beverage, ready-to-drink and consumer end-markets. The Company operates six manufacturing facilities located in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Minnesota, New York and Oklahoma, in addition to an engineering and spare parts facility in Illinois and a mold design and manufacturing facility in Ohio. The Company’ s 11 furnaces and 31 machines produce almost 5 billion glass containers annually.
Oversees the evaluation of a finished product for quality and reliability. May assist in the development of quality control standards. Manages total quality programs, policies and initiatives. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, quality, client relationships, and customer service. This position will be a permanent member of the HACCP Team.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and control product quality.
- Ensure proper quality procedures are followed in each area.
- Work with Forming department to correct in-production defects.
- Work with Forming during sampling operations to assure proper specifications can and will be met during production.
- Follow up to ensure correct production specifications and gauges are issued prior to start up of any item.
- Determine if packed stock is acceptable for customer use and if not take appropriate actions to ensure they receive only quality ware.
- Conduct a preproduction visit on any new item coming into production and customer tours of plant facilities as required.
- Audit quality complaints and direct prompt and appropriate actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Maintain customer contact to include routine visits, technical support and follow up on AGC product quality relative to customer operations.
- Conduct root cause analysis on customer complaints and defective product.
- 6-8 years of experience in the quality field.
- Familiar with a variety of quality concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Six Sigma Green or Blackbelt Certification a plus.
- Proficient in MicroSoft software including Excel, Word PowerPoint and Lotus Notes.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills and attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary with bonus potential. Complete corporate benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, and 401(K).