Regional Logistics Manager
Crane, TX 79731
Join a leading producer of industrial minerals, including sand proppants, whole grain silica, ground silica, fine ground silica, calcined kaolin clay and aplite clay. We have a 100+ year track record as an innovator and a rapidly growing market share as a supplier to domestic oil and natural gas operations that support the nation’ s economic strength and energy independence.
In addition to offering over 200 products in these categories, we also operate as a research and development specialist for customized products and solutions utilizing the same raw materials. The wide variety of industries and applications that we serve which include oil and gas, glass, chemicals, foundry, building products, fillers and extenders, recreation, industrial filtration and treatment, and testing and analysis.
Regional Logistics Manager – Crane, Texas
- Accountable for the overall management of trucking and loading activity, along with the cross functional management of all truck shipments from our sites in Crane County and Lamesa, TX.
- Manage relationship with local carriers to ensure world-class service levels
- Responsible for working with Accounts Payable relative to Crane County and Lamesa logistics vendor payments including freight, incidental billing, detention, freight accessorial, etc.
- Work with Corporate logistics, Finance and Accounting on freight accruals and other journal entries impacting logistics
- Audit Crane County and Lamesa logistics invoices for accuracy and contract compliance
- Focus on identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs associated with Supply Chain activities for the Crane County and Lamesa plants.
- Manage the load-out team at the plants and any site Transportation/Logistics team members.
- Develop, deploy and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) with functional managers and maintain business intelligence reporting for the Logistics Team.
- Provide analysis to support logistics network design and optimization efforts across customer base
- Interact with Customer Service to provide daily truck traffic by customer, by PO.
- Assist in and perform budget preparation on freight rates, analysis, and administration; analyze and report on the budget status of various activities
- Provide analytical and pricing support for the entire Supply Chain organization
- Assist with various logistics and supply chain functions as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations type role
- Experience working within the Trucking and Sand Industry
- Experience with evaluating trucking performance metrics
- Heavy Transportation operations focus
- Excel expertise required (along with full complement of MS Office tools)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Candidate must be well organized with an ability to handle multiple projects with concurrent delivery dates
- Previous management experience of hourly and salaried employees
- An ability to operate tactically and independently
- Contributes to the organization with process improvement ideas and recommendations
- Proven record of achieving KPIs / performance objectives as outlined by management
- Maintain effective & collaborative relationships with other internal departments as well as carrier base to improve business performance
- Good decision-making skills - ability to evaluate multiple and conflicting variables
- Able to work effectively with others across functions, including sales, customer service, accounting, supply chain/logistics, quality, and our truck and rail vendor base
- Aware and respectful of safety rules and regulations pertaining to freight work
- Working knowledge of all modes of transportation; particularly truck and rail
- Experience with JDE Enterprise System
- High technical (software) aptitude - good base understandings, and quick learner in new environments
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive base salary with a possibility of 15% in Bonuses. Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision and 401(k).