Remote Service Technician
San Jose, CA
For more than 15 years, this industry leader has helped the foodservice industry improve food quality, operational efficiency, safety and cleanliness through the automated delivery, storage, handling and disposal of fryer oil. More than 20, 000 foodservice locations such as McDonald' s, Jack In the Box, Burger King, Albertsons, White Castle, KFC, and others use the company' s innovative oil management solution to decrease the costs, hazards and inconvenience of handling frying oil.
The organization is experiencing rapid growth servicing customers in over 41 metropolitan markets.
Summary: Responsible for the installation and servicing of our bulk oil equipment at all customer locations using guidelines established by company. The installation of the equipment and the servicing of the customer account will be accomplished by an individual who works well in a team environment, while demonstrating the expected behaviors of courtesy and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs and services the bulk oil equipment at customer locations by using guidelines established by company.
- Evaluates customers’ requests for service to determine a cause / type of malfunction and determine necessary service attention (ex. Troubleshooting, service call, etc).
- Investigates and resolves system or service issues technically or on a relationship basis.
- Provides appropriate troubleshooting and other technical support over the phone by utilizing provided troubleshooting documents.
- Maintains proper paperwork standards for inventory and data capture.
- Ability to speak effectively and train customers on how to use company' s systems.
- Receive incoming materials and product, and properly handle all corresponding paperwork.
- Maintains proper parts and supply levels in service vehicles in ordnance with 5S methodology.
- Works in both an individual and / or team setting which ever is the most effective means.
- Utilizes their basic mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- Works a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the customer.
- Prepares service reports and completes proper service schedule for field technicians to ensure best level of customer satisfaction.
- Determines parts and equipment required for installations and service calls.
- Complies with all company internal processes and procedures. As well as all local and federally regulated requirements including DOT, OSHA, and HACCP.
- Maintains a high level of customer service at all times by promptly responding to their needs / concerns.
- Visits and / or calls customers to ensure that company’ s performance is up to standards and the customer’ s expectations.
- Maintains a safe and clean driving record at all times.
- Maintains adequate fluid levels in the vehicles.
- Maintains professional personal appearance.
- Completes and maintains documentation required by State, Federal and Local regulatory agencies.
- Communicates with depot management to adjust work schedules to meet the needs of the customer.
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction and goodwill.
- Work cross functionally to assist other departments as needed.
- Maintains a clean warehouse and clean vehicles. Monitor all vehicles and keep preventative maintenance requirements up to date.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive hourly pay plus OT, service vehicle, complete corporate benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more!