Senior Building Maintenance Engineer
1415 South Roselle Rd. Palatine, IL 60067
Our client, headquartered in Palatine, IL is the world’ s premier manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills, grilling accessories and award-winning cookbooks and mobile applications. The privately-held company’ s products are sold worldwide at select national home centers, specialty hardware stores, patio stores and other retail outlets. Our client has the strongest customer support program in the industry.
This is a hands-on position responsible for ALL aspects of building services to ensure building readiness, including but not limited to all Safety and Environmental systems, HVAC, Electrical Distribution, Mechanical, Plumbing, Elevators, Building Structure and Grounds. Includes performing all routine preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance on equipment and building systems to achieve continuous up time of all systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all building systems, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, building structure, plumbing, grounds and fire protection.
- Evaluate and implement technology for improved building operation and energy conservation.
- Assist with the annual budget and negotiating contracts.
- Coordinate and manage on-site construction activities, work with outside contractors and supervise trades, review plans daily to track progress.
- Organize weekly budget meeting and review expenses with management team.
- Plan and direct major capital building renovations.
- Plan and coordinate / perform all aspects of preventive and corrective maintenance for mechanical and automation systems.
- Advise outside contractors regarding safety procedures and requirements of products.
- Work closely as a liaison with local officials and or inspectors for code reviews and inspections.
- Schedule testing of boilers, sprinkler systems, and elevators to ensure proper operation and compliance.
- Maintain inventory of critical parts, supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Oversee testing and monitoring of water treatment systems.
- Develop and maintain a 5 year capitol expense plan.
- Ability to read and diagnose equipment issues using wiring diagrams and layouts.
- Ability to work within a mobile and dynamic environment.
- Understanding of machine interface and integration.
- Must have the capability to troubleshoot and repair building systems and equipment utilizing all means necessary.
- Ability to start, run and test all building systems and equipment to ensure it functions correctly.
- Provide regular updates to Maintenance Management regarding status of projects and assignments.
- Ability to follow all OSHA and NFPA Life Safety standards and regulations.
- Aid in facilitating safety and security by ensuring workplace, municipal, and legal standards are maintained with regard to building, building systems, and grounds.
- Maintain, monitor, and continually update BCMC system.
- Maintain the standards required of a corporate executive office building.
Compensation and Benefits
- Our client offers and extremely competitive salary along with Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, nine paid holidays a year and paid sick days.